The 2022 Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest
This contest will be open from June 15-30 and is for womxn and non-binary folx.
1. One or two unpublished monoku in the body of the email. Please do not submit poems that have been posted on social media. This is to provide blind judging. Please make sure your poems embrace the spirit of Marlene Mountain.
Examples of Marlene Mountain's monoku:
pig and i spring rain
fearing her and all women he rapes her and all women
spring in america water unsafe food unsafe sex unsafe
thrush song a few days before the thrush
my son the age sons get killed
Link to Marlene's website: http://www.marlenemountain.org/
2. Include your name in your email. Submitted poems will be put in a document without names by a non-participant and sent to judge Lori A Minor of #FemkuMag.
3. Submit poems to email@example.com between June 15th and 30th.
4. Please put CONTEST in the subject line.
5. First, second, and third place winners will be notified as soon as judging is complete and will appear in the July issue of #FemkuMag. First, second and third place winners will also receive commentary on their winning monoku. Honorable mentions will be selected at the judge's discretion. All winners will receive certificates.
The Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest will be judged blindly by Lori A Minor