The 2020 Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest
This contest will be open from July 5-15 and is for womxn, including non-binary and transwomxn.
1. One or two unpublished haiku or senryu per poet. Please do not submit poems that have been posted on social media. This is to provide total blind judging. Poems can be one, two, or three lines, but please make sure they embrace the spirit of Marlene Mountain, without feeling forced.
2. Include your name in your email. Submitted poems will be put in a document without names by a non-participant and sent to judges Lori A Minor and Tia Haynes.
3. Submit poems to between July 5th and 15th.
4. Please put CONTEST in the subject line.
5. First, second, and third place winners will be notified by July 20th and will appear in the July issue of #FemkuMag. Winning poets will receive e-certificates and the judges will provide write-ups for winning poems.
6. If you have any questions, please contact Lori A Minor at or
The Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest
will be judged blindly by:
Lori A Minor and Tia Haynes