The 2023 Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest
Open June 15-30, 2023
This contest is for womxn, transgender, and non-binary people and will be judged blindly by editors Vandana Parashar and Rowan Beckett.
THEME: One-line haiku/senryu
1. One or two unpublished one-line haiku/senryu using this form. If you need to send an attachment (concrete, aloud, unaloud haiku-- NOT haiga), please submit using the email email@example.com
2. To prevent the judges from having seen your poem(s), please do not submit work that has been shared on social media.
3. Please make sure your poem(s) embrace the spirit of Marlene Mountain.
Examples of Marlene Mountain's one-line haiku:
pig and i spring rain
fearing her and all women he rapes her and all women
spring in america water unsafe food unsafe sex unsafe
thrush song a few days before the thrush
my son the age sons get killed
Link to Marlene's website: http://www.marlenemountain.org/
4. Submit using this form between June 15th and 30th.
5. First, second, and third place winners will be notified as soon as judging is complete and will appear on the #FemkuMag site sometime in July. First, second and third place winners will also receive commentary on their winning poem. Honorable mentions will be selected at the judges' discretion. All winners will receive certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2023 Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest will be judged blindly by Rowan Beckett and Vandana Parashar.