The 2020 Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest
This contest will be open from July 5-15 and is for womxn,
including non-binary and transwomxn.
1. One or two unpublished monoku. Please do not submit poems that have been posted on social media. This is to provide total blind judging. Please make sure your poems embrace the spirit of Marlene Mountain.
Examples of Marlene Mountain's monoku:
pig and I spring rain
fearing her and all women he rapes her and all women
spring in america water unsafe food unsafe sex unsafe
thrush song a few days before the thrush
my son the age sons get killed
Link to Marlene's website: http://www.marlenemountain.org/
2. Include your name in your email. Submitted poems will be put in a document without names by a non-participant and sent to judges Lori A Minor and Tia Haynes.
3. Submit poems to between July 5th and 15th.
4. Please put CONTEST in the subject line.
5. First, second, and third place winners will be notified by July 20th and will appear in the July issue of #FemkuMag. First, second and third place winners will also receive commentary on their winning ku, as well as one of the following:
moment / moments by Marlene Wills (Mountain)
Pear Blossoms Drift by Emily Romano
A haiku postcard
If you have any questions, please contact Lori A Minor at or
The Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest
will be judged blindly by:
Lori A Minor and Tia Haynes